Monday, December 12, 2011

Snickers Bar Candy Cupcakes

Snickers Bar Candy Cupcakes


I am just typing out this recipe and I realized that the recipe called for two 3 ounce packages of cream cheese NOT two 8 ounce !!! No wonder I had so much filling!! This is after I tell you all in the video to read the recipe carefully before starting, LOL!! :) That being said though, I don't regret using all that cream cheese because these cupcakes were to die for! Filling: 2 packages (3oz each) cream cheese 2 tbsp powdered sugar 1 egg 2 snickers bars chopped up (I bet you could use whatever chocolate bar you wanted for this recipe) I also know that I'm going to get comments asking if they can substitute something else other than snickers because they are allergic to peanuts. These people will NOT have read this before asking. Thank you to all of you who actually ARE reading this, you rock! Cupcakes: 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 1 cup granulated sugar 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa 1 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 1 cup buttermilk 1/3 cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla Frosting: 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup butter or margarine 3 tbsp milk 1 1/2 cups (or more) of powdered sugar 1 snickers bar chopped for garnish if desired. Heat oven to 350F. place baking cups in each of 18 regular size muffin cups. In small bowl beat cream cheese, 2tbsp powdered sugar and the egg with the electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. With spoon stir in 2 chopped candy bars, set aside. In large bowl, mix flour granulated sugar, cocoa baking soda and salt. Add buttermilk, oil and vanilla, beat 2 <b>...</b>